There are 5 mistakes that applicant usually makes when applying for Vietnam visa on arrival. The topic will help travelers avoid some common mistakes when registering a VOA.
These mistakes are:
1. Without applying online, traveler can’t get Vietnam Visa on Arrival: A lot of people think that they can get a visa directly at Vietnam Airport but didn’t applying online. It is incorrect way, because they may end up with delaying or cancelling their flights or waiting at the airport until the visa is approved. Therefore, they will need to apply online for an approval letter in order to pick up visa at the airport.
2. Able to use a Visa on arrival at the border: This is not true, the Visa on arrival is applying for air travel only. And there is NO on arrival visa for overland/border crossing or sea/water entry. In case the applicant don’t enter Vietnam by air, they have to make sure that they have the visa in advance.
3. The mistakes of spelling or typo: Don’t fill in the application form with a wrong details, ensure that your personal info is correct with your passport: full name, date of birth,…that may not be a big problem, but in some cases; you were refused by the airline at the departure airport since the information on the letter of approval does not match those in the passport. For your convenience, please double check your info before click on next step.
4. Carefully with your Arrival date: Some people think that the visa validity will start from the date they enter Vietnam, not from the date they provide. In fact, the visa validity will commence from the date you provide in advance, not from the date you will enter the country. That’s why you make a clear plan of when to enter before ordering a visa to Vietnam.
5. It’s not easy to get a Visa extension: Don’t think that it is easy to extend a visa once you are in Vietnam, however, it is not that easy, and extending a visa may be a costly and time consuming process. So if you wish to stay in Vietnam for the longer time, you are advised to apply for a 3-month visa in advance instead of a 1 month one to save money on visa extension.